Post Hydroseeding Instructions
***Post Hydroseeding Care:
10 to 14 days
- Germination takes place, water 3 to 4 times a day for about 30 days (starting day 1)
Golden rule - ground wet all day (without standing water for more than 1 hour)
Every lawn and every irrigation system is unique. When in doubt apply golden rule.
14 to 45 days
- Fertilize lightly with fertilizer (half of recommended amount)
Starter fertilizer is O.K.
30 to 60 days
- First mowing takes place when 50% of lawn is 2" or higher.
Mower must be sharp and clean of debris. Mower height set at 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches.
Fertilize again with half the recommended amount of starter fertilizer.
Mow weekly from now on (this is critical! It will force grass plants to spread out and fill in)
Water only once a day (early morning preferred) from now on.
90 to 120 days
- Apply a good quality weed and feed!
Follow directions on bag exactly as stated.
Depending on your environment, this step may need to be repeated.
- The first 14 days of watering is critical to proper germination.
Review watering times daily to insure complete coverage of areas.
Adjust sprinklers or water times as needed. Do not "over water" or water at night!
- Depending on your environment and (or) seed bed preparation. Weeds may or may not
grow with the new grass. They may be killed at a later time with normal applications of
weed and feed.
- After grass is established mowing height should be at least 3" but not more than 5".
3 1/2" or 4 1/2" is recommended (dwarf varieties may be lower)
- Fertilize 3 to 4 times a year with good quality fertilizer.
- Due to differences in soil condition and Ph balances, it is not uncommon to have small
patches that do not germinate. Many of these areas will fill in when you begin mowing
on a weekly basis. You must ensure that slow germinating areas are not caused by lack